SmokeCheck® and PurCheck®
To Use: From a distance of 2 to 4 ft. (.6-1.2m) aim spray for 1-2 seconds at the vents on side of the detector. Alarm will sound within 1 to 10 seconds if the detector is functioning properly.
- Slide Co-Check® can into Enclosed Delivery Test Head (HO-VTE1) with actuator pointed toward clear plastic bowl.
- Replace the Can Cap and screw clockwise to tighten until you hear a slight release of aerosol, back of cap counterclockwise approximate 1/2 of a turn.
- Place Enclosed Delivery Test Head (HO-VTE1) around the Carbon Monoxide Tester and push up, actuating the aerosol for approximately 3 to 5 seconds.
- Leave in place for 10 to 20 seconds or as instructed by manufacturer. If the alarm is functioning properly the alarm will sound.
For detectors with speed up mode option:
- insert the straw into the nozzle on the can
- aim the straw to the speed up mode slot.
- spray once into the slot and wait for detector to go into alarm.
If detector is functioning properly, your detector should sound within 10 to 25 seconds. (Average response time 12 seconds.)