SmokeCheck® and PurCheck®
To Use: From a distance of 2 to 4 ft. (.6-1.2m) aim spray for 1-2 seconds at the vents or side of the detector. Alarm will sound within 1 to 10 seconds if the detector is functioning properly. Detectors with delay circuits should be sprayed 1 or 2 additional times to activate the alarm.
- Connect HO-VTCO2-S Sleeve at Velcro (Diag A) and insert in the can compartment of the VT-1 Enclosed Delivery Test Head.
- Slide Co-Check® can into Test Head with actuator pointed toward clear plastic bowl.
- Replace the Can Cap and screw clockwise to tighten until you hear a slight release of aerosol, back of cap counterclockwise approximate 1/2 of a turn.
- Place VT1 Head (Diag B) around the Carbon Monoxide Tester and push up, actuating the aerosol for approximately 3 to 5 seconds.
- Leave in place for 10 to 20 seconds or as instructed by manufacturer. If the alarm is functioning properly the alarm will sound.
- Open CaT KitTM, reserving the front panel for testing
- Cover detector, using the front panel (low tack tape will hold in place)
- Insert provided straw into the nozzle of the spray can
- Empty contents of the can into the enclosure thru the spot marked “X”. Simply throw the front panel away when test is complete
If detector is functioning properly, your detector should sound within 10 to 25 seconds. (Average response time 12 seconds.)